Spyke

Replies

Comment on

EV Charging Doesn't Need to Be as Fast as Gas, Ionna CEO Says

The reality: “Nobody stops to fuel their vehicle taking gasoline, gets out, rushes as fast as possible, puts as much fuel in the car as possible, and gets back in the car and drives away,” Cutler said.

I, in fact, do exactly that. I pull up in front of the pump, get out, stick my card in, fill up, and leave. It's been over ten years since I went inside the store at a gas station, there's nothing in there I want to buy.

However, needing to spend half an hour recharging if I were on a road trip would be fine, because on a road trip I would stop for a break from driving in any case. But, I almost never go on road trips, and 99.9% of my trips around town would be well within one charge, which I could do at home.

So, while I agree that charging doesn't need to be as fast as gas, it's not because of his stated reason.

Comment on

Recipe called for 225g carrots

Reply in thread

Some people do, and panic a bit if the measurement is "a dash", or even "to taste".

I'm not one of them, but I do weigh ingredients for a different reason. Example, I want my two-pound bag of frozen whatever to last seven days, because I only shop once a week. So, I weigh out 1/7 each day. I'll leave it to others to decide if this is more, or less weird.

Comment on

Beware!

Reply in thread

Well, now I want to try a peanut butter and black licorice sandwich on sourdough toast with butter.

I bet that would be amazing.

We're gonna need a name for this sandwich, too.

Comment on

Your lesser evil over 50 years has grown to an uncontrollably large evil

What so many miss is that EVERYONE votes for the lesser of two evils. When Trump won, the lesser of two evils won, in the minds of those who voted for him.

So, yes, we HAVE ALL been choosing the lesser of two evils for generations, the fake bumper sticker is right.

MAGA could have this exact same thread with the evils reversed.

And, no it's not a two party system. We've been manipulated into accepting that there are only two viable parties.

We could have had Bernie, who ran as a DINO but we all know is socialist, (we've been manipulated into believing socialism is bad for generations) but someone with a voice said "Bernie is unelectable" and that was all it took, his numbers dropped overnight.

Comment on

Delish 2

Reply in thread

For those who don't get it, OP image shows the typical animated cum shot misconception that the ejaculate is pushed directly into the uterus, forcing its way through the cervix. This does not happen the way it's shown. The ejaculate is deposited just outside of the cervix, and the only the sperm swim through the cervix. It's important to understand this because some might come to the wrong conclusion that if they don't cum at full insertion, then the woman won't get pregnant. Not true. Sperm cells can swim the entire length of the vagina, and up through the cervix.

The ejaculate, everything that comes out, is not all semen. Semen makes up a small part of the ejaculate. Sperm are not semen, sperm are individual cells that make up, by volume, a tiny amount of the semen. A typical ejaculation contains about 100 million microscopic sperm cells.

In very rare instances, some ejaculate might enter the uterus through the cervix. But, one of the purposes of the cervix is to separate the sperm from the ejaculate.

::: spoiler NSFW

This is wrong:

:::