Spyke

Replies

Comment on

Battlefield Studios Boss: We Are "Never Chasing" a Competitor; Not the Way We Want to Create Games

I'm a die hard battlefield fan and player. Started with 1942 and have played and owned every release.

BF6 has so much going for it, but the devs keep botching every season and patches.

I played a few hours today and most lobbies were half bots and my team lost every round. Ugh, it can be so frustrating.

I would say that the devs are always chasing making a proper playable game, but they can never deliver. The games end of life are usually the most polished (obviously) but at that point everyone has moved on to newer games.

I miss when a game was fully built, tested and reviewed before it was ready launched.

memes

Comment on

genuinely diabolical

If you have a Samsung TV TizenTube is awesome. There is an android version of it too but can't recall its name colbolt something...

It can be intimidating to try and install on your Samsung TV. But once you figure it out it's super easy.

Comment on

California passes bill to make plug-in solar systems easier and cheaper to install

Reply in thread

I believe the tech is called a grid tie inverter (GTI). Basically your panels or battery system can wire up to a GTI and some GTIs can have pugs that can plug into a standard wall outlet. The GTI can sense the frequency that is in your homes wiring ie "the grid". Then the GTI matches that frequency and "pumps" your renewable energy into the home and sometimes the grid depending on the utility. If the GTI senses a dramatic frequency change, for example a grid side power outage. The GTI will also fault out or shut down to prevent "islanding".

privacy

Comment on

Budgeting Software

Reply in thread

Lol, I started writing a six paragraph replay and had to delete it.

You are probably financially literate enough where my statements above is just common sense to you and you don't feel it is necessary to do extra work for something you already have a handle on.

To others just starting out, they may not know anything about personal finance or money. My statements above is a great starting point.

To someone who may be bad with money they need to practice a budget and the act of transcribing data forces them to digest and comprehend their spending decisions. If their budget is automated it is easier to overlook spending or disregard transactions because they are not engaged with their budget or spending habits.

I don't mind that you have a differing opinion. Everyone's finances and level of competency is different. But you have to start somewhere I guess.