Comment on
Penghu, Taiwan
Reply in thread
This is Mazu, the sea goddess. Many temples in Taiwan and coastal areas of Fujian Province, China were dedicated to her. In Hokkien folk religion, she looks out for seafaring people.
Comment on
Penghu, Taiwan
Reply in thread
This is Mazu, the sea goddess. Many temples in Taiwan and coastal areas of Fujian Province, China were dedicated to her. In Hokkien folk religion, she looks out for seafaring people.
Comment on
BREAKING: Epstein Whistleblower Found Dead of Suicide
Let me guess: stabbed himself in the back 18 times?
Comment on
(Discussion) Would people be interested in a "no text" rule?
👍
Comment on
Tom Morello (of Rage Against the Machine and Audioslave) says that he couldn't vote for Kamala Harris because she's "responsible for what happened in Gaza", in a recent interview with Rolling Stone
Welp. What an asshole.
Comment on
Vance tells Americans not to ‘gripe about all the little things’ as prices soar
Ah, the old "nation of whiners" trope. Always a solid midterm closing argument.
Comment on
New Fox Poll—a Disaster for Trump—Rattles Fox Anchors: “Wake Up!”
Reply in thread
Yes. This is what polls are useful for. Not so much for predicting the outcome.
Comment on
Cycling industry needs 45,000 mechanics right now, and it's an AI-proof job
Reply in thread
I tried adjusting my own derailleur once.
Shop for me from then on.
Comment on
Trump Explodes on Reporter: 'You Haven't Asked Me One F-cking Positive Question'
Reply in thread
OK but he hasn’t done a positive thing on purpose. 😂
Comment on
Trump says he regrets nominating Gorsuch, Kavanaugh and Barrett
I regret it too, but for the opposite reason.
Comment on
Trump Explodes on Reporter: 'You Haven't Asked Me One F-cking Positive Question'
Reply in thread
I hated Bush’s guts, but I had to admit: that was impressive. Kind of like Wendi Deng thwarting the would-be pie-thrower
Comment on
Schmitt Refuses To Admit He Made An Embarrassing Mistake At The Jack Smith Hearing
State Farm Arena doesn't even have a Section 109, row 1. They use letters. 😂
Comment on
What are you always tired to do?
clean the dang house. Ugh. I live in a pig sty. It would take so little effort to keep on top of it; it's not a big place and there's no kids running around messing everything up. But every time I think to clean, I just plop down on the couch. 😭
Comment on
War of words: Newsom orders California to say AI after Trump’s ‘superintelligence’ decree
Neither one of those fuckers can keep me from calling it BPM: Bullshit Plagiarism Machine.
Comment on
What is something that you want but can't justify to do / buy right now ?
My own rocket ship and a yacht that's so big it has another smaller yacht that can fit inside it in case I need to sail into any tight spots.
Nah, just kidding. Could you imagine?
Comment on
GOP senator airballs perjury claim against Jack Smith over apparent Hawks/Hawkeyes mix-up
He thought he had a slam dunk there for a minute.
Comment on
Schumer: Democratic US Senate may block Trump nominees for Supreme Court, lower courts
In my personal opinion, he fucken' better.
Comment on
[US] New York City Mayor Zohran Mamdani is apparently considering levying higher tolls on SUVs and trucks entering the city
Reply in thread
Well I'll be damned. 😂
Comment on
At 93, Chuck Grassley still doing the job amid age concerns in Congress
Reply in thread
Well his current term ends in 2028. He'll only be 95.
BUT He has already said he will run for yet another term, and if elected again (I'm not prepared to discount that possibility considering his margins in 2022), he'd be 101 by the end of that term.
edit: and yeah, of course I meant "only" 95 to be a joke, like, obviously that's way too old to be in the senate anyways.
Comment on
Trump says U.S. to continue buying Canadian potash — but wants cheaper price | Globalnews.ca
Gosh, I wonder if Canada is in a good mood to negotiate their potash price. 🤔
Comment on
Solar Has Crossed a Critical Economic Tipping Point | Solar now requires no more upfront capital than coal or gas to produce the same annual electricity
Yeah but you have to pay for the sunshine every year that you use to power the panels. And you have to build pipelines to transport that sunshine from the faraway places where it's developed, and sometimes you have to liquefy it a load it onto gigantic tanker ships and carry it overseas, and there's always a risk of it exploding and...oh, wait. I'm thinking of the gas. Never mind.