Spyke

Replies

Comment on

What communities DON'T you want to see here?

The best thing about Reddit is that it lets you mute any community you don't like, and you can even block notifications and your timeline from giving you recommendations or suggestions altogether. So honestly, with all these features, Idk how anyone could still have a problem with certain communities existing!

Comment on

Why is Japanese (language) popular than Mandarin for weebs? (Besides Anime)

Honestly, I don't see any reason for weebs to like the Japanese language other than their love for Japanese anime, which is immensely popular. I actually have a close friend who speaks Japanese sentences, even though the language is completely different from our language, and learning any language, especially Asian ones, is very difficult! But being passionate about a language and surrounding yourself with it makes it much easier.

Comment on

Did you ever work for a manager that treats employees like something expendable?

​I worked with a manager who lived by the rule "everyone is replaceable"! Whenever conflict happened between employees, he would simply let them go, or fire one of them, instead of trying to resolve the conflict, completely ignoring the team chemistry and the dynamic they had built, as well as the time it would take to hire and train someone new from scratch. Sometimes, he’d even pull someone from a completely different department just to fill the gap. He didn't believe in specialization at all! To him, anyone could be dumped into any position, it's as simple as that!

Comment on

Does it seem like religious people are less animal friendly?

I think this is because many religions convince their followers that they are the center of the uni, and that the sun, mountains, animals, and birds were all created to serve them. In contrast, non-religious people are much more likely to see the bigger picture, that they are simply part of nature.

​Also, some religions like Islam for example, treat dogs as something to be avoided. For example, there's a Hadith that says: "Angels do not enter a house in which there is a dog or a picture"! So that is the case with Islam, since I come from a Muslim background.

reddit

Comment on

People who still use both Reddit and Lemmy and are slowly leaving Reddit. How do you do it?

I have been opening Lemmy for about two months now, browsing the communities and reading users’ comments, and yesterday I decided to create an account.

Honestly, as someone who has only been on Reddit since 2018, I am curious to know what Reddit looked like in its early years, and Lemmy is a really good opportunity for that.

The content is limited? One day Reddit’s content was limited too and then it grew! + Platforms and communities don’t grow on their own. they grow because of the people in them.

Comment on

How has cancel culture affected you personally?

Reply in thread

Wow! I just googled these two bands and found out why they were canceled. Honestly, I didn't expect them to reach that point. I know a Lebanese band called Mashrou' Leila that was banned from entering Arabic-speaking countries because they support homosexuality, and even the band's lead singer came out as gay himself. So the reasons for cancellation here and there are vastly different, lol.