Comment on
US delegation storms out as Iranian president holds up images of slain children
Reply in thread
Trying to send positive vibes from up north. Hope we can all get back to a better place together.
Comment on
US delegation storms out as Iranian president holds up images of slain children
Reply in thread
Trying to send positive vibes from up north. Hope we can all get back to a better place together.
Comment on
The U.S. Government Quietly Just Made It Legal to Go Through Your Phone at the Border
Reply in thread
I'll never be traveling to the US again. Lots of better places for this Canadian to spend his money.
Comment on
It's not just the fediverse, the tide against widespread LLM use is turning in real life
I'm seeing widespread acceptance and adoption around me IRL. On Reddit it is more accepted than not, seems t be the same smaller bunch running around frantically downvoting. Can't say I lose much sleep over it.
Comment on
US delegation storms out as Iranian president holds up images of slain children
Reply in thread
I never thought I'd root for Iran, ever, in my entire life. Hat tip to Trump for making that happen. Oi.
Comment on
Reddit repost bots taking over entire communities
Reply in thread
Reddit is getting increasingly wonky. Picked up a ban for calling a racist a racist. I'm being hateful. Um, okay?
Comment on
It's not just the fediverse, the tide against widespread LLM use is turning in real life
Reply in thread
I have a friend who is a professor of linguistics. He only accepts handwritten assignments now. His students are probably copying off their screens by hand, but what can you do? I don't understand spending all that $$$ on education then not bothering to learn.
Comment on
Charlie Kirk strikes (is stricken) once again.
Reply in thread
Just because I'm not in favour of murdering people doesn't mean I'm upset this shitbag is no longer stealing oxygen. Happy accident, as it were. I doubt most indies miss this particular douche nozzle.
Comment on
It's not just the fediverse, the tide against widespread LLM use is turning in real life
Reply in thread
The awash in entertainment thing is real. My wife has a Youtube addiction I can't seem to pull her away from. She gets home from work, TV comes on, and she watches shit on YT until bedtime now. Then she turns on the TV in the bedroom and falls asleep to YT. She's watching some pretty braindead stuff like a channel where British schoolboys are being fed American fast food. Try to get her to go for a walk with me and she's glued to the idiot box. She also watches videos that are clipped togther, obviously by AI.
I hate all of this.
Comment on
Charlie Kirk strikes (is stricken) once again.
Reply in thread
Here now, credit where it's due: His grave marker doubles as an excellent public urinal.
Comment on
Reddit repost bots taking over entire communities
Reply in thread
It is frustrating for sure. I do appreciate the higher signal to noise ratio in the fediverse and also that it is decentralized, I think it makes for a better experience overall.
Cheers to you. :)
Comment on
We live in a society...
Reply in thread
Well, I don't want to see vandalism. I don't want to see ads, either, but you've got to buy where the sales are these days. I'm sure not rich enough to be choosey.
Comment on
It's not just the fediverse, the tide against widespread LLM use is turning in real life
Reply in thread
I really hope I’m not right about this
You are. The upside is that SSDs and GPUs could be affordable again. The downside is I'll probably be unemployed and trying to steal groceries from Walmart and it won't matter.
Comment on
Charlie Kirk strikes (is stricken) once again.
Reply in thread
You may have company on this one.
Comment on
US delegation storms out as Iranian president holds up images of slain children
Reply in thread
Candian here. Another country whose oil Trump would like to take by force.
Comment on
Vibe Coding and the Maker Movement
What makes me nuts are the people who prompt a shite SaaS project in a day, it has no QA, no security, and they fire it out the door and inflict it on users when it barely works or just doesn't work. It's the new gold rush. Vibe coding can produce quality software, yes, but it takes time, effort, and follow-up over the long term.
Comment on
Fediverse is Continuing, Growing, and Strong
Reply in thread
I'm starting a few Fediverse only photo challenges. Don't know if I'll fall on my face or not, but if you don't try you won't ever get anywhere.
Comment on
We live in a society...
Reply in thread
Haven't seen any vandalized ones yet, but I'm Canadian. Maybe we're too polite.
Comment on
US delegation storms out as Iranian president holds up images of slain children
Reply in thread
Don't forget the water.