Comment on
Steam On Linux Dives Down To 3.05% For September
I still don't get why I can't opt in to participate in the survey every month, I've only been asked twice in the last three years on Arch
Comment on
Steam On Linux Dives Down To 3.05% For September
I still don't get why I can't opt in to participate in the survey every month, I've only been asked twice in the last three years on Arch
Comment on
Steam On Linux Dives Down To 3.05% For September
Reply in thread
Yeah, you have a point, but still, twice in three years? I don't know how representative it really is, ESPECIALLY when you see 50-100% ups and downs in the Linux user base. 5 to 3 percent and back cannot be the actual stat, that has to be unreliable selection of users.
Comment on
Would it be gay to use the portal gun from Portal to perform oral sex on oneself?
It's not gay if you keep your socks on
Comment on
Your reminder to remove the microphone from your TV remote today
Reply in thread
It works! I was fully prepared for it to not work and explain to my wife why we need to order a new one, but no issue at all lmao
Comment on
Your reminder to remove the microphone from your TV remote today
Reply in thread
The TV advetises voice recognition in both the TV itself and the remote.
If you look at it, it's likely going to be a 2x4mm silver rectangle with a small hole in it. Not always, but they mostly look like that.
Comment on
The quickest nope of a cookies popup I've ever seen
"We value your privacy" above 1032 partners and no disagree button is unhinged
Comment on
Your reminder to remove the microphone from your TV remote today
Reply in thread
oh no
Comment on
Omarchy Linux Just Got $8 Million From Tech's Biggest Names
Reply in thread
Brother, how on earth does a USB execute as a goddamn DE? I couldn't implement that bug if I wanted to.
Comment on
STOP OMARCHY: Boycott Tech's Far-Right Backers
Nice comprehensive overview of why this piece of slop called a "distro" and its backers should be boycotted, thank you! Gives me even more motivation to finish up mine today.
Comment on
Your reminder to remove the microphone from your TV remote today
Reply in thread
Looking up which part to nuke took an hour, but anything to calm down my paranoid ass haha
Comment on
Motorola's GrapheneOS phones will launch in 2027 priced higher than Pixels
Honestly, I'd replace this fuckass Google device in a heartbeat, but I will never in my life understand why people want flagship phones. I got a b-ware 9a for 300 bucks and even this one is way overkill for what I want in a phone. Why can't there just be a low-spec one instead of ones that cost more than an entry class laptop?
Comment on
Your reminder to remove the microphone from your TV remote today
Reply in thread
Probably, but the nuclear option is always more fun
Comment on
Your reminder to remove the microphone from your TV remote today
Reply in thread
Sure thing, please look up what a 50 inch 4K dumb screen costs and report back to me.
Comment on
Bosses Concerned That GTA 6 Release Will Cause Massive Drop in Productivity
Reply in thread
Oh no! Think of all the unproductivity (people being happy) and the devestating impact (not being able to exploit people for your own financial gain) that would cause!
Comment on
Just got 'Android Developer Verifier' Silently Installed on my Phone (Aug 25, 2026)
GrapheneOS, my beloved
Comment on
I found a portable AI coding agent that solves a boring but real problem
how about no
Comment on
1Password Just Pledged $300,000 to DHH's Omarchy, and its Own Employees Aren't Happy
Reply in thread
Man if only that money would have been sent to them and not this clown.
Comment on
Your reminder to remove the microphone from your TV remote today
Reply in thread
GrapheneOS my brother
Comment on
Ursula Leyen - State of the European Union speech - EU Kids Act
Oh boy. I'm not going to verify my age fucking ever, no matter the compromises. Fuck them.
Comment on
Plutonium-239 - Arch Linux made unbreakable and lightning fast. Initial in-development release, announced here on Lemmy first.
Reply in thread
To put it in simple terms: when you update your system, you will have two deployments. One deployment stays exactly the same, the copy will be updated. Until you restart you stay on the original. When you restart, the system automatically attempts to boot the updated copy. If it fails, it automatically loads the original again.
That way the updates are atomic in the sense that you either boot into a fully updated system or simply back into the untouched original, nothing in between.
Edit: if you look up how Fedora Silverblue works, it's pretty much the same, just applied to Arch!