Comment on
Good places to keep up to date on LLMs?
Reply in thread
Thanks for the share! Appreciate actual, non-toxic discussion about LLM usage on Lemmy.
Comment on
Good places to keep up to date on LLMs?
Reply in thread
Thanks for the share! Appreciate actual, non-toxic discussion about LLM usage on Lemmy.
Comment on
Anon experiences a glitch
Reply in thread
Alarm broke
Comment on
I can't believe it's been a year already.
Hey, me too! I ditched W10 for Linux Mint in Sept last year, so much to learn but it's been a blast. I've never experienced having such a smooth working PC.
Comment on
*Permanently Deleted*
Reply in thread
Why did you even post at all?
Comment on
Come on
Reply in thread
Plus, you know, being the absolute worst (or best, depending on how you see it) at storing every single piece of data about their users. And ruining YouTube completely, just so they're able to harvest more data from their users. And.. You know, making their money on selling that data to ad companies and shoveling ads on every site they're able to, and offering their users to pay a fee to avoid said ads, which are used by the advertising company who bought the data about the specific user, which was harvested by Google.
Oh, and turning Android into literal spyware, just to harvest even more data about everyone, so they can sell even more aggressively personal data about their users. And now trying to limit their Android userbase from being able to use apps without the literal spyware that they provide.
So there's that.. But yeah, they do have great marketing, funding a lot of side projects, and donate to charities enough so that their userbase remain gullible enough to think that they "are the best of the worst". Which isn't really a hard job given the competition with the current American tech market ghouls at the top, who use other strategies to gain attraction.
Comment on
Pettiness level 5
Reply in thread
Do you think that she works at an American Chinese food joint? She's an highly ranked politician, of course she knows English. Better than you and me both, probably.
Comment on
There, now everyone will be happy...
🚨🚨 BREAKING! 🚨🚨 Stranger on forum solves thousands of years long, unsolvable grudge that was the reason behind the many violent protests that used to be frequent on Lemmy and lead to mass deports, death and a lot of work on the local moderation.
Users from both sides now resorted to communicating with each other for the first time, and are teaming up to raise a monument in OP's honor, sources say.
Comment on
Can we just start using this more true-to-life image in articles? Tired of seeing his "beautified filter" face everywhere.
There's so much ammunition to use, that reducing to bash him because of his appearance is just petty, childish behaviour which is easy to dismiss from his side.
Comment on
Fact Check
Wow. Such shitpost. Much funny.
Comment on
Anon uses AI in a smart way
Reply in thread
Can confirm. There was none left by the time I got there.
Comment on
Bzzzzzz
Reply in thread
One can only dream of an life with this brain level.
Comment on
Factorio Friday Facts #446 - An ARM and a Frame
Reply in thread
Factorio is still one of the games where I have the most hours put into Steam, and after the crack-like obsession finally wore off I haven't really looked at it since. I suppose the DLC could be fun, but I already went to space thanks to mods. Will always be a favorite for me!
Comment on
Community? Really?
Basically all posts here are downvoted every morning/evening when I check in. It seems like either a bot reaction or someone who's extremely dedicated to fuel their hate to the Perchance comm on Lemmy.
And as a OT comment related to the other comments; why did the owner decide to switch to Lemmy in the first place? Although I understand, and personally appreciate the choice, it certainly lost a lot of information and engagement. Especially since said owner seems to be this mysterious, unkown ninja that works in the shadows and magically summons code that is questioned by its userbase for months, if not years at this point (based of my own experience).
Comment on
Be as it may, they are
Top content, 10/10!
Comment on
Artificial intelligence acts as an ‘ideological chameleon’ and may deepen political polarization, study finds
With today's filter bubble being the sole reason behind most opinions of your average person today, they're already active daily on FB, IG, Tik-Tok, and of course, let's not forget your dedicated Youtube viewer, who is easily pushed down a conspiracy rabbit hole.. The echo chamber is already in full effect.
Yes, LLM's are Yes-men who will butter you up and treat you like you're the MC about to save the world. And your average, doomscrolling adult will most likely not even know about prompting an LLM to challenge their believes. But any of those platforms are already pushing down content down the user's throats that is biased, false, and usually designed as rage bait to increase the emotional response (and thus making it basically impossible for the victim to be aware of the filter bubble, since they're the only rational people living in a crazy world).
AI is not the end-game dystopian bogeyman everyone jumps through loops to make it out to be. It can absolutely be problematic and are already is being used to stir up anger and spread misinformation. You know, like journalists (who writes articles specifically designed to spread fear.. Like this one), social media platforms, 'influencers', or politicians have done for years now.
We were already fucked before LLM's and datacenters was a thing. People seem so desperate to find something to blame.
Comment on
I used my new hot plate for the first time and it was a success
Nice. Good for you! What did you cook?
Comment on
*Permanently Deleted*
Reply in thread
We've collectively decided to stand in solidarity with AI helper.
Comment on
[Modding FO3/FO4] Anybody know how to incorporate MO2 or Vortex into a Steam Proton install?
Reply in thread
I just stumbled upon this post in my hone feed and knew that I would probably be needing the answer myself some day and now I know. Thank you!
Comment on
Just to get this straight. If I stand outside a voting center and give each person 500 bucks to vote for me. That is illegal? But if I am a Dipshit In Chief and offer 5k that is 100 percent legal?
I mean, There's also the more direct approach if one wants to give out bribes in return for votes.. Remember this? Tell me more about how amazing and just the Western Democracy is.
Comment on
Moearchive
Reply in thread
Well, if it's any comfort I actually appreciate an extra layer of security. I have been a little suspicious of some generators myself and have been wondering if it's possible to add some kind of user data collection to a gen, it didn't seem impossible and your generator kind of confirms it. I'll be try it out.
Do yourself a favour and don't let silly little downvotes (which happens to all posts here on Perchance and doesn't matter at all on Lemmy) get to you. People will still read a post even if it's downvoted, the post won't disappear here, compared to Reddit. Take a look at other new posts in this community, almost all have been downvotes.