Comment on
Why’d you quit your last job?
It was murder on my back. I've been doing stocking jobs for years and developed chronic pain in a previous job. Don't want to fuck it up even more.
Comment on
Why’d you quit your last job?
It was murder on my back. I've been doing stocking jobs for years and developed chronic pain in a previous job. Don't want to fuck it up even more.
Comment on
Also very fitting for ADHD
I wish I had this when I was playing the pre-Persona 3 games. There are zero reminders, aside from maybe a character telling you not to go to x because we have to go to x. I ended up taking a lot of notes and reading a guide for Innocent Sin.
I generally make notes for myself or only focus on one game at a time.
Comment on
Also very fitting for ADHD
Reply in thread
A lot of games still have that option. I mostly see it for VNs, which is really useful if you're going for certain routes.
Comment on
What books do young people read?
Animorphs. Loved those books as a kid and revisited them as an adult, and forgot how dark they got. Child soldiers, war crimes, the horrors of losing yourself to the hive mind or being forced into the body of a small animal (not talking about Tobias here).
Plus the books are also about friendship, which many youths want to see more of than romance.
Comment on
About plot elements hidden behind language barriers
Not a book, but I immediately thought of a point and click game that does something similar. In A Date in the Park, you play a guy who moved to Portugal, but doesn't speak the language. He goes to the park to meet up with the woman he has a date with.
There are several key moments where the language barrier ultimately works against you. I first watched a let's play of the game, where several viewers translated what was being said. Really changes the mood of a seemingly cozy game.
Comment on
If you died tonight and people had to sort out your stuff, what would be the weirdest, most unexplainable trinket in your possession?
My girlfriend's wisdom teeth, along with two of mine.
I used to collect animal bones in my hometown, where hunters carelessly tossed what they didn't want behind nearby train tracks. Found a whole boar skin once, but only took home little knuckle bones. I might still have them somewhere.
I have a deer skull on my shelf, but I think most people would overlook that. Human teeth left in storage among other junk? Not so much.
Comment on
Dem. Ohio Candidate Marcy Kaptur Releases Ad: "I Voted With Republicans To Keep Transgender Ideology Out Of Schools"
80? She's got one foot in the grave. Pack it up, Marcy.
Comment on
What's Stopping you from using PeerTube?
Last I tried, it was hard to find videos I would enjoy, and I couldn't create an account.
I like YT for playthroughs of horror games, video essays, music, highly specific skits, and some miscellaneous stuff.
None of the YTubers I follow are interested in anything other than YT, Twitch, or Patreon, as that's where their audiences are.
I considered joining Peertube as a creator, but there's still the issue of finding an instance.
Comment on
About plot elements hidden behind language barriers
Reply in thread
I haven't read the series, but after seeing more context of the scene...wow. That's really bleak for what I assumed would be a more light hearted romp. It does make me actually want to read the books now, but damn.
Comment on
What Are You Playing? General VN Discussion Thread (September 2026)
Reply in thread
It's really good! Got into the series because it's one of my gf's favorites. Started with Chaos;Head and the experience is kinda light and day. You go from an insufferable protag (and sci-fi horror) to one that's pretty cool. Okabe has his faults but is fine otherwise.
I will say that SG has a really slow build, up until the part where the stakes get really high when you least expect it.
That said, it is pretty long, especially if you're a slow reader like me. My playtime is off by at least 2-4 hours cause there were times when I just idled, but I'm 70ish hours in. It's worth it, though.
Comment on
What Are You Playing? General VN Discussion Thread (September 2026)
On the tails end of Steins;Gate. Just need Mayuri's route and the true ending. The latter will be easy as I just have to backtrack and get the last flag.
Comment on
America, exblain
I didn't even know that was an option, but don't want to get my expectations up.