Comment on
Coding is NOT solved
My pinkys are also malformed from years of chronic shift key and mouse finger dragging. I know how it be
Comment on
Coding is NOT solved
My pinkys are also malformed from years of chronic shift key and mouse finger dragging. I know how it be
Comment on
US sanctions force The Netherlands off Microsoft and toward alternative NixOS-based software ecosystem
Microsoft office is still their best product but many words apps such as only office are becoming comparable. Microsoft Access and excels cross compatibility with other office apps is unmatched
Comment on
McDonald's Is Using AI To Dynamically Price Its Burgers
They have been doing this for a long time. I had to reverse out the drive through in Sedona Arizona
Comment on
Me when I learned BDSM isn't just shorthand for Buddhism
Some guys reaction when I ask how his cock and ball torture therapy is(CBT or cognitive behavioral therapy)
Comment on
Federal bill would force VPN providers, ISPs, and DNS services to block foreign piracy sites
There is a surprisingly good amount of free games and movies, it would actually save me time if they were to "ban vpns"
Comment on
For the 100th time: it's going to keep getting worse. AMD's Q4 price hike hasn't even landed yet. Buy your graphics card NOW.
I have unlimited games that I've been meaning to play from the years 2004 to like 2018
Comment on
I feel seen
Reply in thread
If you get Microsoft office to install and function, let me know how you did
Comment on
Flippity floppity
The Democrats are losers. They will never do anything. Every opportunity that they have is wasted. Don't expect them to do anything. All those old 80 year Dems are just sitting on a pile of money, they don't give a fuck about anything the right does
Comment on
Why No One Wants to Date Tech Bros
Without reading the article I would add that most women aren't into the whole "save the planet by breeding with genius alpha tech bro's" fantasy. It might even be turn off.
Comment on
Costco Is Now Rationing Motor Oil Because the Global Shortage Is Getting Real
Reply in thread
Ration the private jets, the rest of us have to work for next months rent
Comment on
YouTube continues global crackdown on ad blockers, targeting mobile third-party apps
I use an app called freetube
If your having issues with ad blockers then this might be worth a try
Comment on
RIP Discord: Self-Hosted Discord Alternatives Tested (TeamSpeak, Stoat, Fluxer, Matrix, & More)
Ventrilo. Been sitting in ventrilo for 30 years
Comment on
STOP OMARCHY: Boycott Tech's Far-Right Backers
Reply in thread
I don't think that's true. I've been bombarded with omarchy ads for months. I had no idea what is was about but it just kept popping up on my feeds. It's good to talk about it because until now I just thought it was a new popular arch based distro.
My point is that I think a ton of the money is spent on spreading the word about the new and cool thing. It's important to counter that campaign
Comment on
STOP OMARCHY: Boycott Tech's Far-Right Backers
I think the best way to counter this is to fix Ubuntu. It has what it needs to work as an introductory distro. I don't know what made Ubuntu so bloated and buggy but I bet it's salvageable. I'm not saying Ubuntu was ever the greatest but it was one of the first distro to be simple to use.
When I first came over from windows in 2013 Ubuntu detected all of my hardware and would install drivers by clicking a button. That seems like not a big deal now but then it felt like a miracle, it gave me a chance to learn about Linux while it was also functional.
If omarchy takes that new user crowd it might actually be a problem. Omarchy might fail if they don't keep stealing from Arch development.
Maybe I'm out of touch because I have no idea what new linux users go to today. Steamos? What are the usual hurdles that new users face in 2026?
Comment on
‘The weaker he gets, the more dangerous he gets’: Trump lashes out as his power wanes
I think Republicans voters want a racist socialist or something like it. I mean honestly do they have a clue what it is they were voting for? Donald Trump is doing much of what he said he would do, and things he lied about was so blatantly obvious. 12 months ago he would go on television and gleefully brag about how "much money we're going to make". Did his voters actually believe that he was talking about the farmers and blue collar workers? Then the no new wars thing, I mean common hes so insanely aggressive, it was so obvious he would be *****g the planet. They voted for fascists and are in denial about it. Even joe Rogan is saying "man I didn't know he was going to do this" this isn't what I voted for.
Comment on
CachyOS Is Now the Most Popular Desktop Distro on ProtonDB
Fedora is pretty good
Comment on
ICE agents fired just before probation ends and forced to repay signing bonus.
Reply in thread
"I'm way behind on my beating quotas" -Barney Calhoun
Comment on
STOP OMARCHY: Boycott Tech's Far-Right Backers
Reply in thread
I forgot about fedora. It runs really well. I forget that's what I would use if Arch wasn't around. I actually loved slackware, I just need them to update their kernel more than once a decade. When I was running old hardware it was fun. I don't know why it's so satisfying. I think it just feels like home..
Comment on
Ground cinnamon recalled in select states for potential lead contamination
Reply in thread
I suppose trace amounts in one item isnt the end of the world but you encounter multiple trace amounts of lead in a week, that builds up in our systems, right?
Comment on
Why isn't there one service that combines rss reader and bookmarking?
Do you mean bookmarking web pages? Vivaldi browser has rss, email and the usual bookmarking functions.