Spyke

Posts

What's the real difference between things that are real and things that only look real but aren't?

Like movies. We react and get emotional and startled and stuff, but that's totally fake and we know it.

And AI. I know it's just a statistical illusion but I'll still have a conversation with it. Sometimes I'll even feel gratitude. So that's nuts.

And then you have stories handed down by important authorities. Science and religion. The guy said it so I treat it as real. Is that good or bad?

Fact is, we as humans do this thing where we treat fantasy as reality. And sometimes that's a good and useful and sometimes it's bad. And sometimes it's good for a while but then there's a AHA moment and then you realize you've been fooled and it was all fake. And sometimes that matters and sometimes it doesn't. I don't know. I'm getting confused here. You tell me.

View original on piefed.world
31
askmeanything·Ask Me Anythingbyfluffy_cloud

I've been doing Zen meditation for 20 years. AMA

Meditation is a thing that you do with your attention. When you pay attention or concentrate or get distracted, that's you doing a thing with your attention. And that's obviously important stuff in your life and the world. Meditation takes it further.

We basically have 2 kinds of meditation.

  1. Concentration meditation, which is plain ol concentration taken to a higher level.

  2. Zen meditation (aka shikantaza), which is another thing to do with your attention, kindof a left turn from concentration and is a bit esoteric.

So there you go.

I've been doing Zen meditation for 20 years. AMAhttps://piefed.world/Open linkView original on piefed.world
37

You reached the end