Spyke

Replies

Comment on

You have to ENABLE the DISABLE of AI features in Firefox.

Reply in thread

The "AI translation" feature here has been on Firefox for years now. It was once an extension then just baked in to Firefox. So it was always enabled by default that automatically translates a site if it found a compatible language and it is on-device so doesn't use the cloud. They just added the "AI" label recently I guess to appease a certain demographic. I guess there are other people who really relate AI to being bad. But guys, these have been ON firefox for a long time, just renamed as an AI feature.

Comment on

Informed investment

Reply in thread

It's not really stupid. Even Linux versioning doesn't mean anything. Linux 6.0 isn't a bigger change than Linux 5.19. It actually feels more like a corporate thing that it is easier for them to have a consistent versioning increase and consistent release schedule. Major changes don't need to be tied to a major change in number because, how do you decide what a major and minor change is? Do you need to group up changes and make the user wait so it becomes a new major version? Google also experienced fragmentation with Android in the past and likely wanted to avoid it. Because if you tie up specific stuff to specific browser versions, some people would want to keep a specific major browser version causing fragmentation. You can just dictate a specific end date of a feature support rather than a browser number to avoid fragmentation.

Comment on

Apple's A20 Pro shatters Geekbench 7 single-core record — 2nm chip beats desktop Intel Core i9 and AMD Ryzen 9 by up to 32%

Reply in thread

Not sure, if it is a GPU problem only then it will just be FPS drops. But for my case, the game freezes at specific intervals and doesn't do any thing even if I tap anywhere on the screen. It may sometimes be even playing (the graphics) but I can't change items, probably because the CPU cannot handle something somewhere.

games

Comment on

I just released my first fully free Android game: Wandering Alchemist (GPS walking game)

I have tried it. So far, I had to open the Google Maps app while the app is open so it will exit "Waiting for GPS." Maybe for it to trigger the location service. Also, I think the map will be friendlier if it can be rotated based on the compass or manual rotation by pinch. The current setup would be fine only if you are already familiar with the roads in the area. But, for a free app, I like that there is an alternative i can use for Pokemon Go or Ingress.