Spyke

Posts

asklemmy·AsklemmybyZensate

Anyone else giving up becoming a public person due to cancel culture?

There are insights I've learned through my life as a Buddhist and neurodivergent person I'd like to share on platforms, and occasionally, some contemporary topics I'd like to weigh in on for the same reason. I've also been encouraged by different people in the space based on what I've shared.

Politically I'm a Centrist, with most of my opinions being politically correct; Anti-Trump, Pro-choice and pro women's issues in general, No problems with how people live their lives sexually or otherwise in terms of LGBTQ. I'll vote left cause there's no alternative, but dream of a non-two party system.

But I honestly don't feel like sticking my neck out in the current culture. It doesn't feel to me as if the "bad people are being cancelled", while that does happen, it feels more to me that we're "waiting for someone to trip up".

And once you're out, you're out. There seems to be no space for people making mistakes, learning, and growing. It's like we're all meant to be perfect and there's no learning curve whatsoever.

And occasionally I like to question topics or nuance views, and that just gets hit with these extremely tribalistic opinions where I'm either "with us or the fascists", which just doesn't reflect where I'm coming from at all.

As an example, sometimes as a neurodivergent you really can get far by developing strategies around your weaknesses, but I see people getting torched for "victim blaming" and all kinds of really strong reactions, based on them just trying to help, not at all trying to minimalize anyone's experience as far as I can see.

So honestly I'm just staying out. Everything I've learned in my life has been through trial and error, being wrong and then getting wiser, and I just don't feel safe in this culture. I feel like everyone's waiting for you to trip up, and if I was to make a mistake, or have a bad opinion, there's no chance to grow, it's just instant banishment and goodbye.

Anyone else feel like this?

Edit: Upon reflection, it feels like we live in a "Suspicion Culture".

View original on lemmy.world
-32

Zen has been solved, why are you still down in the dumps?

You say you aren't aware, you keep losing awareness - but who was aware of this?

Awareness is unconditional and ever-present, but when you get drawn into doubt, it obscures your ability to see it.

But could you be lost in doubt to begin with, if you were not aware? How would you see the doubt? You'd have blacked out.

So awareness cannot be inhibited, you can only obscure the fact that it is already there, by interfering with the thoughts that come along.

Trust your awareness once and for all, and you will never obscure it. Whether flying in rage, doom scrolling on your phone, or sitting in perfect meditation, you'll be perfectly aware at all times.

Then, one day that awareness will come to realize itself, and after that, you can't obscure it anymore even if you want to, then you are called a wayfarer and your doubts are cleared.


You call on thoughts all the time because you don't trust yourself.

But all they do is lead you away from the marvellously illuminating Buddha Mind you had from the very beginning.

Why don't you try trusting yourself for once?

View original on lemmy.world
-2
coffee·CoffeebyZensate

As a comfort coffee enjoyer, what's the appeal of light roste?

When I want a cup of coffee, I'm looking for comfort in a cup, that cozy feeling when the coffee hits the spot, along with a little sweet chocolatey note, and a hint of bitterness and acid.

Light roasts relly don't do any of that for me at all. What experience do you have when drinking it? What parts do you enjoy?

I've got a mokka pot and an aeropress and I'm willing to give it a try.

View original on lemmy.world
40

You reached the end