Comment on
Lately, the ChatGPT image generator insists that it can't generate more images due to an 'error on [its] side". Is this a sign that I should quit using AI?
Give drawabox a try.
Comment on
Lately, the ChatGPT image generator insists that it can't generate more images due to an 'error on [its] side". Is this a sign that I should quit using AI?
Give drawabox a try.
Comment on
Gnome developer wants his fellow developers to accept LLM security reports or be removed from the project
Reply in thread
If you want to interact with the autoconfabulator that is your decision, I would prefer you didn't and I would very much like you not feeding my work into one of those things but whatever. If you can come up with a valid report that way and write a proper bug report, I can work with that. What I take massive issue with is mandating everybody to use LLMs and calling for their removal from the project if they do not want to do that.
Comment on
Now this is shitposting 💩
Reply in thread
Comment on
Kagi is ending development on Orion for Linux and Windows :(
Reply in thread
Comment on
Stubsack: weekly thread for sneers not worth an entire post, week ending 4th October 2026
Well looks like GNOME is in danger of being significantly sloppified next.
Projects that continue to prohibit AI-generated vulnerability reports are no longer suitable dependencies for GNOME, and should be developed someplace other than GNOME GitLab.
Former security guy of GNOME basically demanding that everybody who bans LLM security reports should be removed from GNOME.
Comment on
Windows 11 26H2 Update Pushes Forced AI Agents, And Breaks Graphics Drivers for Gamers
Comment on
Oompa, Loompa, doompa-dee-do
Reply in thread
Comment on
PC User Says G.Skill Made Him A “Customer For Life” After Replacing A $150 Kit Now Worth $1,199
Probably the cheapest marketing campaign they ever bought.
Comment on
Pixelfed bans AI generated code contributions.
Reply in thread
I see how it can be interpreted that way. I updated the title to make it clearer.
Comment on
Talk of AI in KDE sets the community ablaze
Reply in thread
That guy, antifascist? I never met an antifascist who keeps splitting hair on whether a guy, who calls for the ethnic cleansing of non-white people from the UK, and who compared Roma people to wolves, might be fascist. Andreas Kling literally boosts white replacement theory tweets. That goes way beyond weird in my book. Vaxry, maybe, I don't know. He could be just an asshole, but being really nasty to trans people specifically is kinda a dog whistle in itself.
Comment on
Choose Your Distro!
OpenSuse.
Comment on
Debian developer Antoine Le Gonidec resigns after option allowing corporate LLM use without disclosure wins vote
Respect to Antoine. Having principles that are worth a damn is a rare trait amongst developers these days.
Comment on
Definitely the safest source for advice
You're absolutely right -- that was a fatal dose. ✨
Comment on
New Jetbrains Update Dropped
This is misleading. For people paying for the IDE nothing changed, data sharing remains an opt-in option. For users of their free licenses data sharing was enabled by default. Still a shitty thing to do especially as it hits a lot of OSS developers but lets criticize that instead of creating memes that are misinformation.
Comment on
The end of civilization costs $5
If you are into fancy looking cocktails this product makes sense. Making clear ice cubes at home is not easy.
Comment on
when IBM owns your system management
If I understand it correctly this just proxies ssh connections through a more efficient type of socket when its a ssh connection between a VM and its Host machine. No SSH daemon is started by systemd by default making this once again misinformation by the anti-systemd crowd.
Comment on
Praise rule
Trans inclusive misogyny
Comment on
Wine 11 brings huge WoW64 overhaul, NTSYNC boost, and better gaming on Linux
Still one of my favourite WTF moments for Windows.
Whats in the System32 folder? 64 bit dlls. Whats in SysWOW64? 32 bit dlls.
Yes I know that WOW64 stands for WindowsOnWindows64 but its still hilariously misleading.
Comment on
Here's a Windows fun fact
Comment on
Apophenia