Spyke

Posts

FOSS Public transport planning tools

I'm looking for open source public transport planning tools so that I can make changes and suggest improvements to public transport routes in my area. I want to suggest changes to schedules that would make transfers easier between public transport routes.

I've had success in the past recommending changes to train schedules. However, it was a lot of manual work in Excel, and I'd rather have a tool that would help me align schedules better.

Can you suggest any open source tools for helping me align public transport schedules?

View original on piefed.social
34
casualconversation·Casual Conversationbymotionofethre

Ask famous people to get off Meta

I'm watching the Macklemore thing and the cynic in me feels like it's all virtue signaling and for show. I guess I have near zero confidence in the rich.

Part of my belief is all of the rage porn goes on twitter/meta and funds the billionaires which just furthers the cycle.

Do you think writing to some of these artists and asking then to leave Meta/Twitter for Mastodon would work? Could a difference actually be made?

View original on piefed.social
11

Water filter for emergencies

I'm looking for a water filter that could filter medium volumes of water for a family of six, something that could filter and collect rainwater or river water. It doesn't need to be portable since I intend to use this from my home, but not too large, in case I do need to transport it.

The emergency would be in case our lovely psychopath neighbors to the east do something stupid, so something that could run without electricity or power would be perfect.

View original on piefed.social
14

You reached the end