Comment on
Figured I'd share a picture of the wine berries I found earlier this year.
Reply in thread
That's an absolutely beautiful plant.
Comment on
Figured I'd share a picture of the wine berries I found earlier this year.
Reply in thread
That's an absolutely beautiful plant.
Comment on
What are some free-to-do hobbies that are fun too?
Foraging. It costs almost nothing to learn about the plants that grow around you and what you can do with them. I've been doing it for about 5 years now, and spent maybe $80 on a good hori hori and $40 on a good mortar and pestle when I wanted to get serious. Neither of those are necessary to forage. A good field guide is something you can order at your local library. The main cost is time studying at home and on the field.
Here's some amazing pesto I made with wild mustard garlic greens.
And the before picture
I can not recommend the hobby enough. I'm happy to try and answer any questions you might have.
Comment on
windows update blues
You forgot all the glitches and that windows 11 is like, 90% vibe coded. I made a lot of profoundly bad decisions through life but switching to Linux when 10 was getting discontinued was one of the few good ones.
Comment on
What are some free-to-do hobbies that are fun too?
Reply in thread
You would be surprised. Dandelion for example is a plant that thrives in cities, is entirely edible, and you can roast it's taproot into a delicious coffee substitute.
I started out with dandelion actually. I made a whole plant tea out of it heat dried. It entirely transformed the plant into something that smelled delicious, almost this floral toasted honey smell.
Just don't take from places where a lot of pets get walked, right next to roads, or sprayed. Wash everything and anything you take home throughly, and research research research before you start picking.
Comment on
The same rights
I work for the dot as a rest stop maintenance worker. I've seen it all when it comes to stupid oblivious drivers. That includes truck drivers, people who do it professionally. I'm not saying that bikers aren't morons too. What I'm saying is that we don't have a bike problem. We don't have a car problem either. We have an idiot problem. And it's terminal.
Comment on
In retaliation to the Pit bull haters,
We don't have a pit bull problem we have a problem with people unqualified to take care of animals problem. Also 10/10 fur faces
Comment on
They’re the same
"If you live in a rual area you must be Maga"
Go fuck yourself. Seriously go fuck yourself. I despise what Maga represents and is doing to this country. I also despise people who lump large groups of people together solely because they live somewhere they personally don't like. You and Maga seem to have something in common.
Comment on
cloudfare bad
"I have absolutely no idea how any of this works" The Comic k
Comment on
[Mimi] Sandwich Order. [20]
Sue her for false advertisement. That's not everything. She cheated him. That's just one small planet, we have way bigger ones right in our system to eat.
Comment on
First time posting here, the autumn berries were pretty good this year.
Reply in thread
Jams. They're a bit small and have a large pit but if you gather a bunch, they make a mean jam.
Comment on
cloudfare bad