Spyke

Replies

til

Comment on

TIL Gabe Newell (CEO of Valve) bought and owns the megayachts company Oceanco

Steam is a good service compared to the alternatives, but corpos will always be corpos. Having loyalty to any company, no matter how good they seem will inevitably lead to disappointment. That said....the vast majority of my game library is from steam, but I have been trying to get more of my games from GOG. Its best to be safe cause you never know when companies like valve will go mask mask off and become the next EA or Microslop.

Comment on

Arch Linux is a Tamagotchi for IT nerds

I will preface this comment by saying I genuinely consider myself to be rather dumb, and slow to learn many things. With that being said, I've never had a single issue with the one arch based distro I have used (Cachy). I never had to really look up any docs, but to learn to install some specific programs. Overall it...just kinda worked? Only reason I switched to Fedora was for that extra peace of mind knowing its a bit more stable than rolling release, but still has more updated software than Debian based distros.

linux

Comment on

Finally done with the distro-hop: My return to Fedora

Reply in thread

Oh oops I almost ignored that other reply by accident my bad. I pretty much just followed along with a youtube video and copied what he did...hold on lemme get the link to it, maybe it helps. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wurtYbHpc7o. Sorry if it doesn't help, I kinda just look up things as I go along or watch vids. Also not really the best at explaining things, my mind works in kind of an odd and abstract way so I suck at explaining things in a coherent way.

linux

Comment on

Finally done with the distro-hop: My return to Fedora

Reply in thread

Im actually curious...is there any other de that goes for kind of a gnome like workflow or design language but maybe a bit more customizable and open? I've honestly really only use Cinnamon and KDE so far (i came from windows originally) so I'm not quite accustomed to all the different de choices. Also, what do you use yourself?.

linux

Comment on

Finally done with the distro-hop: My return to Fedora

Reply in thread

Huh good to know. Will be honest I'm a pretty slow learner, but I do find it pretty fun to explore all the options I get on linux. Knowing me it will probably be years until I find a de (or maybe a tiling window manager) thats perfect for me. Been using linux for maaaaybe 1 1/2-2 years but I still feel like a beginner in a lot of ways.

Comment on

Arch Linux is a Tamagotchi for IT nerds

Reply in thread

I actually tried Tumbleweed briefly before settling on fedora. I got the nvidia drivers and everything, but it was just an oddly buggy and slow experience for me. Kinda made me sad cause I've heard so many good things about it. Not blaming the distro at all don't get me wrong, I know I'm a bit dumb so I always assume its a me problem before I start throwing blame at the distro. I might try it again when I get an amd gpu maybe.