Spyke

Replies

Plural

Comment on

How y'all doin?

Reply in thread

We have a Windows XP laptop that has Visual Basic 6 on it that some of us plan to use for certain kinds of programming.

Another thing we are looking at is going to Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard to run Final Cut Studio 3, as we have a boxed copy of it.

smolweb

Comment on

Something between gemini protocl/gopher and modern web?

Some Gemini clients can render images inline. Lagrange does so if you click an image link on a capsule. and there are discussion forums. bbs.geminispace.org immediately came to me, but while searching for that site I found Station .

The creator of Gemini also made a web server that might help you do what you're looking for, or if you want it to be more period accurate to 2004, I am also aware of some projects of maybe that kind of nature.

I guess it just depends on what you want.

Comment on

Meta Bans Ads That Promote Feminism

Reply in thread

Ah yeah, this person really isn't impersonating me. They just kinda took over my account and happened to have the same legal name as me so yeah

For context, my legal name (first and last!) is very rare (as in I might be the only one) in the US (where I live), but is very common in a specific country in Europe.

I made my Facebook account when I first entered high school, and I was very security illiterate at the time. So I used the same password everywhere. In that mean time, a security thing happened and people's Facebook passwords got leaked. A couple years later, I found that someone with my legal name in said European country took it over.

Thankfully this person didn't try to take over any of my other accounts, wasn't pretending to be me and was just posting about their life on what was my account, and by the time I was making online purchases, I was fairly educated in password security as well as pretty anti-Facebook because of hearing about shady anti-privacy things they were doing.

Can see how that'd be an absolute nightmare scenario for many others though!

You reached the end