Comment on
RFK Jr. thinks AI will free us from the "tyranny" of medical facts, expertise
brain worm gonna brain worm. maybe it'll go back to sniffing coke off a toilet seat one day and leave us alone.
Comment on
RFK Jr. thinks AI will free us from the "tyranny" of medical facts, expertise
brain worm gonna brain worm. maybe it'll go back to sniffing coke off a toilet seat one day and leave us alone.
Comment on
...thanks, I guess.
Reply in thread
These little guys can live for up to 7 years so be sweet to them.
I look at them like this: If a company made a little robot that does it's best to stay hidden from your view, crawls through the innards of your home in search of spiders, bed bugs, termites, and ants, it would probably cost thousands of dollars.
Comment on
Top economist warns that the AI math doesn’t make sense: 'Profits are currently being funded by investors rather than earned from customers'
Let's not forget that they're literally stealing from anyone who ever made anything in our entire history.
Comment on
They really hate artists
I'm a 25yr software engineer. I use the latest claude everyday. It's garbage, slings slop 95% of the time, and requires non stop correction in nearly everything it does.
Comment on
Sony, Warner sue Anthropic, alleging "blatant theft" of intellectual property
Uh AI steals everyone's work. How it's legal I'll never know.
Comment on
Americans Can’t Buy Chinese EVs. Waymo Is Importing Thousands
Comment on
Google says its Gemini AI model hacked three other companies
uh sure. i'm a software engineer of 25 years. i've had google, facebook, amazon, you name it, try to get me in to interview with them without me sending resumes. I'm not a top tier super nerd coder but I'm not bad either. These stories all sound like bullshit to me. The whole "THE AI AGENT SWARM BROKE OUT OF CONFINEMENT AND STARTED TALKING TO EACH OTHER"... again, I'm a mid swe... They weren't sandboxed to begin with - some fucking moron at anthropic gave all the agents access to a shared package registry. A simple "Do you see anyway these agents could communicate" prompt would've caught it. Something so fucking stupid that I wouldn't be surprised if an intern would've caught it. They're not sandboxed if they all have read/write access to a shared registry, it's basically a big message board.
These stories just stink like marketing. I use Fable all day, I have to for my current job, it low key sucks ass.
Comment on
You waited for me?
i once had a cat follow me into the depths of a mine craft cave. I left him down there years ago and still think about him.
Comment on
80% of developers find AI coding more addictive than helpful
25year swe here. If AI disappeared tomorrow I'd "Oh no... anyways" in 2 seconds. AI's a nice tool, it provides slight value. I'd miss it like I miss auto formatting or integrated terminals in IDEs, not really a big deal.
Comment on
YouTube now requires creators to have twice as many watch hours to start earning money
Today I went on shorts and the first video was tucker carlson dropping antisemtic slurs while he cried about ben shapiro. I'm a lib. I don't watch that garbage. straight up shithole company.
Comment on
There’s a common perception in the U.S. that taking public transit is dangerous. It's actually safer than driving.
Reply in thread
hah, I'm reading this headline like "I've never accidently sat in a puddle of someone else's piss in my car though so there's that."
Comment on
Chinese video platform Bilibili is going global to challenge Youtube
Reply in thread
Knowing our govt, Google will lobby them to ban BiliBili so they can enjoy classic american protectionism. Can't make it in a free market so just ban / tariff the competition to hell.
Comment on
So Reddit has decided that plain HTML is unsafe
reddit stinks super bad
Comment on
straight to jail for flooring crimes
Great visual for every time a film maker says they can reboot a classic for a modern audience.
Comment on
You waited for me?
Reply in thread
😭 😭 😭
Comment on
Microsoft's distinguished engineer says "typing code is absolutely over," and Windows 11 is already being built that way. Nadella previously said 20-30% code at MSFT is AI-coded, and Windows security…
Reply in thread
nd AI is able to meet that deadline Software engineer here of 25+ years here. "AI is able to meet that deadline" and "Management could make bad decisions, see the results of those decisions very quickly after AI writes it" made me lol. Thanks.
Comment on
Flrulep
After seeing those leak vids it just looks like gtav with slightly better graphics. Watched a scene with dude beating up some people under a bridge and it looked terrible.
Comment on
...thanks, I guess.
Reply in thread
Every centipede you see equals ~700 dead spiders that aren't living in your house laying eggs and biting you. You'd have WAY more spiders without them
Comment on
Maga Christians
Reply in thread
I always just call christianity a fandom and the bible "a sci-fi" novel. I'm somewhat convinced that "religions" are just fandoms from thousands of years ago. In 2000 years I would not be surprised to see "Jedi" as a top "religion" (it's already nearly 1% of all brits in the uk).
Comment on
The AI Slop Backlash Is Actually Having an Impact. Platforms are finally recognizing that people don’t want to consume AI slop.
Doubt. Not that I like AI but people are fucking morons and could gaf less if they're consuming AI slop.