Spyke

Replies

canada

Comment on

Alberta Separatists Offered U.S. Access to Water and Oil Royalties for Independence Help, Globe Reports | Culture Alberta

Reply in thread

I will have to look this up again but the clause that allows for Provinces to possibly leave the Federation has a stipulation that this must be done free of foreign interference. Basically what they are doing has been invalid from the start. When the idiots in Alberta were astroturfed by outside influence to believe that there is a desire for separation, it was already technically invalid. Since they are openly collaborating, it is clearly invalid and parliament can't accept the result of whatever crap they do. Danielle Smith and the UPC know this and her actions make a lot more sense when you understand that they can do whatever and they know they will never have to deal consequences of running Alberta as a country. The sad part is that conservative politics are so garbage they are doing this instead of helping people.

memes

Comment on

I'm not... IM NOT

Reply in thread

I would never want to read SciFi or Fantasy in my second language. I can't tell the difference between proper nouns made up for the book and weird nouns I don't know. Also reading George RR Martin's writing must have been a nightmare when you are a non-native speaker.

Comment on

Discord Is Bringing Back Age Verification for Millions of Users

For people that want advice for finding an alternative service, go to the github repo and figure out the state of development. Find the answers to these questions: how many active developers are there? when was the last commit? does this look like LLM code? What do the issues and PRs look like? Remember that we don't want to have to do this again in 10 years, so open source and decentralized are major points.

canada

Comment on

Canada and Iran Have Found Trump's Achilles' Heel

Reply in thread

You don't invade a country where they all are better educated than you, have better wealth equality than you, look and talk exactly like you, and have an endless supply of ANFO. It would be the troubles 10x and we can send fully equipped sabotage raids basically anywhere in your homeland. The border is too large to defend.

memes

Comment on

wth am i supposed to do

I just had a recruiter come to me with a post that required 10 years experience for a tech that only has existed for 10 years. So I just asked them, the response was I don't know. like through some copy paste of another listing, the number was never changed. If they were not a large reputable company, I would have passed.