Spyke

Replies

memes

Comment on

Traitors

Reply in thread

I kinda dont see a problem "boring" shitty websites that do its job. For example Wikipedia hasn't changed much and it's still my most used website, it gives me a good sense of familiarity and I know exactly what to find where

Maybe I am weird but I kinda preferr boring TBH

cooking

Comment on

Running low on curry powder

Reply in thread

Interesting but to make it interesting Bengali cuisine have a lot of sea food dishes. Albeit Bengal is in east of India.

Also tamarind rice is very easy and simple to make.

Ingredients 2 tbsp of groundnuts 2 tsp of urad dal (if available) 2 tsp channa dal (if available) 1 small lime sized tamarind soaked in water 1 brown onion sliced 1 green chilli sliced 2 cups cooked rice 2-3 tsp salt (according to preferance) 1 tbsp brown sugar/ palm sugar/ jaggery 1-2 tbsp oil to saute (neutral oil such as sunflower or peanut oil preferred) Curry leaf (if available)


Method

In a pan, heat oil until medium hot, add peanuts let it cook for a while, add urad and channa dal saute until crispy/crunchy set aside.

In the same pan add a bit more oil, saute onions, green chilli and curry leaves until you feel right. Squeeze the tamarind and add the tamarind water, add brown sugar cook until the mixture turns jammy. Turn off the gas, add rice and salt accordingly mix it well until rice soaks in the colour of tamarind.

Woala enjoy!!!

Enjoy it with your bean salad(side salad) for your protein and fibre goals :p

Comment on

If you've seen this kind of gas lamp, you're at least from the generation born before the 1980s!

I mean irrespective of the other comment which takes about "Genz equivalent" or something. The point I wanted to highlight is I am completely aware of this lamp and have used it multiple times (I was born in 1997 and it was very prominent in India until late 2000's).

And I believe that's the beauty of internet, its so vast and the world is so vast that making a statement like "people born after 1980's" would often be challenged

Comment on

Hundreds of thousands in India protest proposed trade agreement with the US

The problem in India under Modi government so far is that they go to any extreme to opress and depress dissent, like all media channels are bought by the government. Someone dares to do independent journalism and question the government their social media, financial accounts all those gets banned/audited.

There is a very famous interview of Modi with BBC post 2002 Gujarat riots where he admits the thing he failed was "media management". Learnt his lesson, bought out media, sold out the country to two oligarchs, and now 1.2bn+ people are paying for it.

Further, there are some conspiracy theories that suggest India was arm twisted to agree to the new trade deal by threatening to audit Adani and try him in the US.

I hope all the billionaire class just rot in a makeshift sewer.

cooking

Comment on

Running low on curry powder

Reply in thread

Can you tell me which country/region did you get the recepie from? Just curious about the use of fenugreek because in my culture they use it very specifically and never for a curry powder.

I am a south Indian BTW

cooking

Comment on

Running low on curry powder

Reply in thread

The "rule" I follow is, if the recepie is supposed to be sour, say tamarind rice you have to add fenugreek as it adds bitterness and cuts through the sourness a bit.

Further, some other weird rules I follow is, if tamarind goes in then jaggery goes in. Example: Rasam, Sambar or even tamarind rice haha.

You reached the end