Spyke

Posts

playstation·PlayStationbybyte21516

What is this modchip?

cross-posted from: https://leminal.space/post/40261910

Does anyone here know a lot about PlayStation 1 mod chips?

I took my old PS1 apart and found the mod chip that was installed back then.

The PS1 has a PU-22 motherboard, and a PIC12C508/P is soldered onto it. The chip is glued into the case and soldered to the motherboard with wires.

If I’ve identified the pins correctly, pins 2, 3, and 5 are not in use.

I’m trying to figure out exactly which firmware or mod this might be.

View original on leminal.space
12
ps1·PlayStation, PS1, PSXbybyte21516

What is this modchip?

Does anyone here know a lot about PlayStation 1 mod chips?

I took my old PS1 apart and found the mod chip that was installed back then.

The PS1 has a PU-22 motherboard, and a PIC12C508/P is soldered onto it. The chip is glued into the case and soldered to the motherboard with wires.

If I’ve identified the pins correctly, pins 2, 3, and 5 are not in use.

I’m trying to figure out exactly which firmware or mod this might be.

View original on leminal.space
9

You reached the end