Spyke

Posts

dull_mens_club·Dull Men's ClubbyStan

Built a slab for my garden hose reel

Took out the grass below, came out in a nice sheet (zoysia). Planted that in a bare spot behind the pool.

Had to reroute the irrigation line and move the sprinkler connection. Went rounded on the blocks, so when I mow it is a bit easier to manage (I detest right angles).

Leveled with sand, then got some limestone retaining wall blocks. Leveled as best as I could, then used three bags of quikrete. I cut some small metal posts I had leftover. Drilled holes and installed retaining bolts to seat the hose reel once the whole thing sets. Yes one is comically too large currently. Will clean up with the angle grinder once hardened, and yes I know I will have some leftover concrete to take care of since my "form" is more of a shoring-up for the blocks.

The slab will be topped off afterward to smooth. Have pitched at a slight angle to drain when it rains.

Curious to know how many of y'all hate concrete as much as I do. Please be gentle, first time posting and I figured I should contribute to a community that I do like to peruse for some good ideas from time-to-time!

View original on lemmy.world
62

You reached the end