Spyke

Replies

linux

Comment on

how to be secure for idiots?

Reply in thread

I’m not a native speaker either. I mentioned his writing to point out he is literally a kid, not to mock his grammar. You can look at his account and see his posts

​You want to "lead him to Linux" but he clearly just wants to pirate stuff and we all know this community will mock him the second he breaks his system

​Instead of naively thinking about how this elitist community will "nourish" him, it would be infinitely more useful to teach him about attack surfaces and keeping personal data off a risky system entirely

linux

Comment on

how to be secure for idiots?

Reply in thread

OP is the kind of user who used Tails on his own computer to log into his Gmail account. He has grammar issues and thinks Linux is this hacker OS that makes you anonymous and impossible to hack

Let’s be real, do you think this is the best thing for OP who is presumably a child?

privacy

Comment on

GOS beginner guide

Reply in thread

Yeah I might have gone a bit overboard. I said F-Droid because I wanted something that could update Obtainium and also serve as a store to search for open-source apps

Well anyway, I deleted F-Droid to reduce attack surface. Thank you very much!

privacy

Comment on

GOS beginner guide

Reply in thread

If your only concern is keeping Google and Microsoft off your back, the carrier advice is optional. Please remember and keep in mind that your phone is a tracking device that always collects your data, and there’s no way around that

linux

Comment on

how to be secure for idiots?

Reply in thread

Yes but we are talking about security and the risk of cross contamination. Would you really set up a VM and download risky files on the exact same Linux machine that holds all your personal data? I wouldn't.