Spyke

Replies

Comment on

Proposed KDE LLM guidelines

Always fence-sitting, I'm so tired of the current KDE leadership, I'm genuinely stopping my donations now.

"Hey KDE, Framework supports Nazis, can you not collaborate with them?"

Nope sorry, we need the money for our AI experiments, we will put their logo on all our pages now and will beg them to pre-install us on their overpriced laptops. We love our LGBT community though, we made the latest mascot trans! Please forget that we accept money from people that want you dead!


Slimbook, donates to or supports Omarchy, and still has ads on kde.org https://slimbook.com/en/blog/guides-2/post/introduction-to-omarchy-484

Framework wants to preinstall Fedora KDE and KDE and Fedora leaders are super excited about it:

“It's really exciting to see this device become the first Framework device to ship with KDE and Plasma software. We have put a lot of effort into making sure our software is fun to use with touch and pen input.” - Aleix Pol, President of KDE e.V.

https://frame.work/blog/framework-laptop-12-now-with-core-series-3

There's just no backbone, everything's about money money money and money. All it will take is an Anthropic or OpenAI sponsorship for whatever mild AI guidelines to get repealed.


What's the alternative anymore? Cosmic is made by a hardware company, I have 0 trust in that. All it'll take is a loss in profits for it to be abandoned. XFCE is full in on AI. LXQT is okay with AI contributions. Cinnamon moves way too slowly and has no opinion on AI. Gnome told Framework to kick rocks and has some strict anti-AI policies in some places but if I wanted a worse MacOS, I'd use MacOS. All the window managers are too barebones and the GUIs on top are all vibecoded. DankMaterialShell? Vibecoded. Noctalia? Vibecoded. Hyprland is naziware. Quickshell? vibecoded. Qt itself has AI assistants in its IDE.

So really what's the alternative? Windows and Mac are also vibecoded. Firefox and Chrome are also vibecoded. Even programming languages and compilers are being vibecoded.

Comment on

What would it take? A lovable, sovereign, AI-native KDE

Reply in thread

Unfortunately it's not a single instance. There was a thread on their forums I had notifications on for. It was about banning AI.

It ended up locked. Someone posted some links to slop code in KDE, I thought it got locked because they made up their minds, turns out they jumped off the fence towards AI... https://discuss.kde.org/t/sorry-to-bring-up-a-contentious-topic-kde-ai-llm-policy/46333/164

Comment on

Proposed KDE LLM guidelines

That whole thread right now is awful. Just awful.

It looks like only 2-3 KDE devs pushback and the rest are thumbs-uping pro-AI points. Claims that LLMs are fine for the environment... Then someone got exposed for racism and misogyny among many other -isms and they claim that some of the participants in that discussion LIKE those posts... YIKES. It all makes sense why they are dying on the framework hill.

Comment on

What would it take? A lovable, sovereign, AI-native KDE

Reply in thread

I haven't been up to date with all of them, forgive me if anything is outdated, though from what I remember seeing:

You reached the end