AI assistant is no longer an assistant in the chat at all
This post is going to be a long one, filled with my personal experience and comparisons because I really need to get this off my chest. And yes, I’m a newbie here. I discovered the site 2 months ago, though I only registered this account recently.
As I think other Perchance users have noticed, the AI assistant has been acting incredibly dumb lately. It constantly glitches, writes in a dry, unpolished, and overly brief way, delivering the absolute minimum. It completely lacks any 'imagination.' Unlike the previous model, it can’t brainstorm ideas based on your project anymore; it just repeats what was already written in its readme file. It’s completely incapable of coming up with anything original, or at least it struggles heavily to do so.
I really loved how the old model used to write, highlighting and noticing every little detail. Heck, I even experimented with it, and the model could synthesize sound or literally copy a song, which is already amazing by itself, or edit audio. Sure, it can't actually 'hear,' but still! All of this is from my own experience. But if you compare it to the current model... well, I’ve already described it: it's dry. It is fast, that’s a fact, but I would much rather wait longer for the sake of quality.
So, what I’m getting at is that I hope this is just a temporary workaround by the developer. The website is great, and the AI agent used to be a massive help. It brought ideas to life. It was awesome to build a game framework and then just polish the minor details. It wasn't perfect, but the quality was high.
What makes it even more frustrating is the 'thinking' feature. When I first saw it, I wondered why it was even there. But then I realized it’s a brilliant feature. Now, though, I don’t see a single trace of actual thought from this dummy.
Anyway, I’ve rambled on for too long. I hope this doesn’t last. I can see that people are furious because, let’s face it, 'how could they take away our gold and give us copper instead?' But as harsh as it sounds, we also need to stop whining. No matter how disappointed I am, the developer might be having a hard time or dealing with temporary issues, so we probably just need to wait. Everything is so messy right now.
I might be inaccurate on some points, so please take this with a grain of salt. It's just my view on the current situation.