Spyke

Posts

linux·LinuxbyDigit

What's the hardest Linux distro you've tried?

I just saw a DistroTube video with this question. Quite a thought provoking question [for this seasoned distroholic at least].

"What's the hardest Linux distro you've tried?" can be interpreted many ways, and I wonder what kinds of answers we'll get.

Especially these days, with much change underfoot and newer users having a different distrosphere to explore...

What's the hardest Linux distro you've tried?

View original on lemmy.today
26
artshare·Art Share🎨byDigit

Digit's smplbak2i-2hue1a.png

I made this piece around 2010-2011, when I made my new workstation purely honed for making art. Wacom tablet. Gentoo, USE="-*" and just as needed per package. Xmonad. GIMP. And scant few else. Testament to the merit of this method of setting up ones tools focused for ones art, this art was made in that focus, and remains my favourite piece.

View original on lemmy.today
18

Upgrade Arch, on a whim.

Made this on a whim, while commenting on that other recent Arch related post... the tamagochi one.

It's been years since I actually used Arch. I hear much has changed (~ like it has an easy installer now?). Does it still itch to faceplant from time to time, needing rescue or abandon? Does Arch still faceplant itself?

How long have you managed to keep an arch going? How many times needing rescued back to being bootable in that duration?

[And would have posted this from that account, but that lemmy.wtf instance is tempramental, currently 504ing again. Glad I recently made this alt account so I can still post this and carry on with life.]

View original on lemmy.today
155

You reached the end