Spyke

Replies

Comment on

How to get useful work out of the new AI Helper — prompting basics for gen builders

While I agree that the latest AI Helper change was not an 'upgrade', I also agree that with some adjustment, it still works fine. And when compared to any linked / API driven AI model integrated into your IDE, there is no way any of us should be 'complaining'. If I would use GitHub Copilot at the same rate you can with the AI Helper, you could blow through your monthly token allotment (at GitHub Copilot Pro+ level) in a day or two, so we should be glad about what is being offered and adjust as Daveed mentions.

Comment on

An idea for saving cost. Local AI model use.

I would guess like many things, the perchance dev(s) have too much on the plate already and can only deal with the most pressing issues. That idea sounds good - a bridge for vscode or something that would allow outside programming assistance (which is probably somewhat viable through copy and paste now, though it would be clunky). The issue is just that though, I suggest vscode because that is what I use and you can implement all the popular AI assistants in vscode - but that is just one of many ways you could implement outside resources, and providing those code mods and plugins is a project in it's own.

I assume perchance is avoiding a donation system, but the reality is it may be a best case - have the funds needed to be able to prioritize projects by another factor than needing to trim expenses, which are unlikely to go down (not much ever does).

You reached the end