Spyke

Replies

Comment on

Reddit stock tumbles the most on record as lack of new AI deals, US daily users metric disappoints

I did not know what Lemmy was a couple weeks ago. Reddit pushed me out. I don't want to be logged in or have an account with the way they harvest data. I got tired of weekly rotating ublock origin scripts and using incognito mode. You don't want me if I'm not a willing data whore? Fine, I'm gone! I am now actively trying to NOT even look at reddit when a random Google search sends me there!

Comment on

Unethical Ways to Manage Technical Debt

I work for the absolute LAZIEST engineering manager I have ever known right now. Like dude has Ages of Empires open on his desktop all day at work. He is last remaining engineer from a team long ago that created the wireless technology that put us on the map. This was maybe 15 yrs ago, he was obviously the dumbest member of that team because he is secretly hiding the fact that he can no longer get the original source code to compile and he is slowly running out of ways to bullshit around it. We are now owned by a VC so upper management could not care less, but this guy creates tech debt out the wazoo! Him and the 20 yr old EE make changes to firmware, PCBs, mechanical designs CONSTANTLY and dont document any of it. it is crazy. They break production all the time. Nothing is documented, basic assembly, programming and test documentation for production is a decade old, if it even exists. They just do not give a shit, the engineering manager is already checked out, and his protege has never even seen what a good company looks like, or what engineering design control is. I feel really bad for whatever company gets suckered into buying us as that is the only concern of the VC, cut costs (primarily labor by laying a bunch of people off) as much as possible to make the company look good. Whoever buys us is going to be in for huge surprise! lolol

Technical debt is very real and can complete fuck companies.

Comment on

Cats Rule

6AM!? Lucky bastard! Mine start around 4, and if dare snooze my 5AM alarm I trampled by them repeatedly. Literally, the fat one jumps from my dresser and bounces off of me, little chubby cute handsome... Oh who am I kidding... I love them so much 😍