Spyke

Replies

gamedev

Comment on

Devlog: two Lemmy posts brought 23 first time players and none of them came back. What the data said, and what I changed.

Reply in thread

Fair question. Parts of it, yes. I'm a Spanish developer and English is not my first language, so I wrote the post with an AI assistant and edited it afterwards. The numbers, the decisions and the mistakes are mine. I also build a good part of the game with AI tools and I'm not going to pretend otherwise; the manifesto page on the site says who is behind it.

What is not AI is the canvas. Every lit pixel there was placed by a person, one click at a time. The AI in the game only erases, on a budget, with its rules published in the open.

If the writing put you off, that's on me, and it's useful to know.

gamedev

Comment on

Devlog: two Lemmy posts brought 23 first time players and none of them came back. What the data said, and what I changed.

Reply in thread

Hello Tower, I will try to create a page where the mechanics of it, the machine, are clearly explained. Now I try to explain it here: She thinks every 10 seconds. She is reconquering based on a budget, but it is enhanced if people draw more. Every 15m the LLM chooses a larger target to turn off its lights. She advances along her border but if a player reconquers she can go after him with more determination. It must be taken into account that a painted light has a protection of 72 hours, only a declared fence can with it. I hope I have explained a little more to you. Anyway, I'm going to try to implement that more clearly in the game. If you have any more questions, tell me and I'll answer you.

gamedev

Comment on

Devlog: two Lemmy posts brought 23 first time players and none of them came back. What the data said, and what I changed.

Reply in thread

Thanks, this is exactly the kind of thing I can't see from here. Which phone, if you don't mind? The 3D city is heavy on older Androids; the flat map (the PLAN button) is much lighter, and the glow can be switched off with the button next to it.

On the instructions: the four dots above the animation let you step through it at your own pace, but if you didn't notice them, that's my design failing, not you reading badly. The point in one line: light pixels, keep them lit, and an AI is trying to put them out.

You reached the end