Spyke

Replies

Comment on

pinephone?

Reply in thread

@JoeBidet @urheber I'm one of the "tried Pinephone" people. Not nearly adept enough to do all the CLI work you did. I can edit config files if someone tells me what to type in 😆.

I use a laptop for the fun stuff. A phone to me is for texts and calls. I gave up on the Pinephone because of problems with that. Big one: not waking from sleep to ring. I get about 2 calls a month, but they're the sort I can't miss. After about the 3rd miss, I had to give up. Yes, I'd try again after updates 😖

Comment on

which Linux Phone Distro should I use?

Reply in thread

@Bullerfar @tophneal One thing you have to watch out for with linux phones (if it's important to you) is:

Do they actually work as phones?

Sending and receiving texts, that sort of thing. Super basic stuff. I had a pinephone for a while and it had a bug where it wouldn't wake from suspend for an incoming call or message. A bit inconvenient!

On the forums, the talk would be about how well you could use IRC or the like. That's nice. But I'd use a laptop for that. For me at least, a phone needs to be a phone.

Currently using Graphene which really does work, but isn't a linux phone in the sense you're using it (I think?).

Comment on

pinephone?

Reply in thread

@JoeBidet I settled on mobian. I think I tried pmOS (this was back in '21? '20??) and a couple of thers I don't remember. I do remember ssh-ing for something else, never edited crontab though. Sounds interesting! I'll have a look at that. Still have the phone. Be great if I could make it useful 😆

You reached the end