Comment on
Self-Host Weekly (2 October 2026)
Reply in thread
Thanks for always posting it in my absence!
Comment on
Self-Host Weekly (2 October 2026)
Reply in thread
Thanks for always posting it in my absence!
Comment on
Self-Host Weekly (7 August 2026)
Reply in thread
Hey, I'm the editor/author. I may be overexaggerating the backlash a bit, likely because I spend so much time curating content for the newsletter each week that I'm constantly exposed to the worst-of-the-worst reactions.
Comment on
Navidrome can do lyrics now - but how?
I believe it requires sidecar lyric files, although I'm not sure which formats it all supports.
You might try something like this to collect them: https://github.com/f1nniboy/lrcmux
Comment on
What's your favourite thing to self host and why?
Reply in thread
Would you mind sharing more about your experience with Simplefin? I've been looking to make the jump, but I've read a fair amount of feedback that seems to indicate it might not be worth it given issues with instability, inconsistency syncing, etc.