Comment on
Your Car Is Sharing Data With Big Tech Companies, Study Finds
We are all shocked
Comment on
Your Car Is Sharing Data With Big Tech Companies, Study Finds
We are all shocked
Comment on
GrapheneOS defends use of AI for coding
I'd argue that this news is over-blown. The project has more than a solid and honorable track record with insanely talented engineers behind it. AI is a new technology that is not going anywhere. I would put my faith into their decisions to improve this project by whatever means they think are best.
The truth is most commenters are not technically skilled to evaluate or critique their decisions. If GOS team, who again would be at the top % in the field, feel that this can elevate the project, should we not give them the benefit of the doubt?
Comment on
Finally some good news from #Signal 🥳
I'll be happy if it happens but I need to see it. It would be significant to use Signal without phone number but one option they are considering to combat scam is to use bank card payment... Signal's issue still remains the centralisaion
Comment on
Tesla Whistleblower Describes Wildly Dangerous Safety Lapses While Developing Full Self-Driving
Shocked Pikachu face
Comment on
EU study proposes 30-minute takedown of illegal streams, and your VPN is in the crosshairs
Reply in thread
I agree. I paid for years for music and video streaming, but all I see is widespread enshitification, rising prices and the reintroduction of ads, despite paying. On top of that everything I do is used for profiling and surveillance. It is sickening. I'll happily pay for the service that gives me a good product and does not track me.
Lastly, you give them money and you still don't own anything. I cancelled my Kindle subscription after all the stories of them pulling books out of people's private libraries after they paid for them.
Comment on
Researchers Show How Meta's 'Pervert Glasses' Are Used to Harass Women
Oh wow! Really?! Well, I am so shocked...
Comment on
EU to propose law curbing social media for children Thursday: EU chief Ursula von der Leyen is due to reveal an age limit for minors to access such platforms.
It never stops
Comment on
Anti-Creep Features on Meta's Smart Glasses May Still Be Easy to Sidestep
You don't say. The only way to bypass it is to remove it entirely. Why is this still being developed
Comment on
Anthropic Is Building a Predictive Surveillance System to Monitor Activists
Reply in thread
Or rich
Comment on
Anti-Creep Features on Meta's Smart Glasses May Still Be Easy to Sidestep
Reply in thread
💯
Comment on
Jealously Watching OpenAI and Anthropic, Meta Suddenly Claims That Its AI Went on a Hacking Spree Too
*Guys, we did it too..... *
Human hacks something (by mistake) = criminal AI does it = $$$
Please make it make sense. Why aren't we criminally investigating the companies
Comment on
GrapheneOS defends use of AI for coding
Reply in thread
I did not see those comments, if that's true, it's definitely strange.
Comment on
Firefox has become a bloatware. Seriously...
Reply in thread
But it is not secured. You do you and I won't claim to know your full setup and threat model, but in 99% cases, no. There's no advantage to running out of date software in terms of security or privacy unless it's offline and air-gapped, and even then. For something like a web browser you absolutely want to keep it updated at all times. I would genuinely recommend reviewing the logic and this decision. If you don't trust the browser, use a different one. If you don't want W11, go Linux or Mac but choosing to run end-of-life software because you feel you are getting less bloatware is misinformed.
Comment on
Firefox has become a bloatware. Seriously...
Reply in thread
You are running a browser that's months out of date? 😐