Spyke

Replies

linux

Comment on

Debian Votes To Allow "Responsible Use Of Generative AI"

Reply in thread

Copyleft is a form of copyright, if you're against copyright that's MIT/BSD 0 clause. Also languages aren't typically copyrighted, it's works created within those languages. Although I do agree copyright is kinda very broken, but creators of code do deserve protections, as code is very expressive. I am also a FOSS dev who loves copyleft, which only functions under copyright.

Comment on

what is Fermi/Harmony Chat ?

Reply in thread

Did they go back on the CLA? I'd more readily point out their proprietary software on their gitlab, and their general lack of commitment to FOSS. They made a newly fully proprietary gif service and whatnot, which is just weird for an org promoting FOSS.

mtf

Comment on

Welcome to Harmony Trans ! 🏳️‍⚧️🏳️‍🌈

Reply in thread

Yeah, I get the confusion, this is part of why we're thinking about making fermi the primary name due to it having much better SEO and whatnot. We're very anti-AI and have been working on removing any dependencies that we can from Harmony that use AI. been a lot of work getting everything into shape, though it's worth it as I'm not really aware of anything else that's as complete as we are, anti-AI and fully FOSS. Though I've heard of another project that's fairly early on recently, and will be interested to keep an eye on that

mtf

Comment on

Welcome to Harmony Trans ! 🏳️‍⚧️🏳️‍🌈

Reply in thread

They used AI for macros, and refuse to remove the AI code, plus I'm not convinced it'll reach MVP.

They have evolved more and more twards not removing the AI code, which is frustrating, I had been watching with hope for like 1.5 years, but after they added the AI code, and refused to remove it for so long, I've kinda lost any hope.

linux

Comment on

Debian Votes To Allow "Responsible Use Of Generative AI"

Reply in thread

Coding is a creative task, there are many many many solutions to any problem, and some problems are a lot more abstract to where even the problem can be different for different people. Like if there's a problem with the users interacting with part of the software, you could try to make it easier to interact with, have a little tutorial, decorate it, make it look good, you know, a form of art, you could also try to make it more intuitive, also a form of art. It's not typically what you'd think about, but coding is a rather creative task and everyone has different ways to go about problems, and those different ways are the different styles of programming people have.