Comment on
Reddit Website now Forcing Account Creation like the App
Reply in thread
That's why I'm here too. Unfortunately I've seen the same amount of ragebait on the front page as I see on reddit.
Comment on
Reddit Website now Forcing Account Creation like the App
Reply in thread
That's why I'm here too. Unfortunately I've seen the same amount of ragebait on the front page as I see on reddit.
Comment on
Linus Torvalds used AI to fix a Linux bug, and now LLM critics on Linux face an uncomfortable choice
Reply in thread
Yes. It's not just about nuance anymore. In the old days on the internet you can find some spaces where there's at least a baseline level of intellectual honesty. Lemmy has not escaped echochamberization.
Comment on
Reddit keeps pushing on being a closed platform, now rolling out mandatory logging for old.reddit.com - worth pushing for the fediverse again?
Reply in thread
I agree with you.
I sought out lemmy first during the reddit API closure saga. I started using it less when the quality started to decline to to corporatization and enshittification. Requiring logins to view content is the last straw that kicked me off reddit.
The most important lesson this move to lemmy has taught me: if we're being served trash content, we can't blame "the algorithm". The basis of the fault lies with the users. Lemmy has been absolutely no short of ragebait, engagement bait, group think, and crazies.
Comment on
AI software factory
I saw that immediately after I wrote my first journal post, some one upvoted it. Then immediately after I wrote my AI software factory post, someone downvoted it. First off I'm surprised anyone is actually seeing this. In hindsight, with the pattern of my first 2 posts, I might look like an AI grifter.
Comment on
Returning to the fediverse is hard.
I agree completely.
I see some people below saying "curate your feed". But this isn't viable because:
The problem is with the user base. The user base is extremely susceptible to low effort rage baiting. It's full of immature kids and intellectually dishonest users.