Spyke

Replies

Comment on

Feature request: Optional custom OpenAI-compatible API support for AI Coder

Reply in thread

Yeah, that makes sense. The API-key risk is definitely something worth being careful about, especially if the generator can be shared publicly and someone could accidentally leave their key in it.

The time-limit idea could help, but I agree that removing the API key before publishing is probably the safest approach. The CC license is also really nice since people can build on it and improve it while still giving you credit.

And no worries about the time it takes-real life comes first. I appreciate you working on this at all, and I’ll definitely keep an eye out for it whenever you get it into a usable state. Good luck with the bugs and security side of it!

Comment on

Feature request: Optional custom OpenAI-compatible API support for AI Coder

Reply in thread

Yeah, that actually sounds pretty cool. I can see why the security part would be a pain though, especially with making sure people don’t accidentally expose their API keys when sharing generators.

Even if the workflow is a bit clunky with having to copy/paste into a new generator, I think having the option to use your own OpenAI-compatible API would still be really useful. And yeah, being able to pay for our own model usage would probably help Perchance too.

No pressure on getting it done quickly though. Better to take your time and get the bugs/security sorted out properly. I’d definitely give it a try when you get it working.

You reached the end